Friday, February 08, 2008

Lunar New Year... meh

Most of Asia got February 6-10 off this year for the Lunar New Year, although the rest of the world will know this holiday as Chinese New Year. And while my counterparts are tearing it up in China, Korea does things a little differently. Its a very low key, quiet holiday here. The Koreans all go home or back to their hometowns and eat traditional foods and pray. China apparently has parades and fireworks. Not fair.

I decided not to go anywhere this week, which is probably a good thing considering I'm injured and on the DL, but that doesn't mean I can't come up with my own ways of entertaining myself. Basically, the week was full of rest, relaxation, drinking, and movies. I kinda feel like I wasted 5 days, but sometimes rest is important too.

IF you're thinking of coming to Korea though - keep this holiday in mind when considering traveling - definitely go elsewhere.

No comments: