Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday Fun

Another birthday rolled around, as they do, this year. I turned a nice solid 26 (or a shakey Korean 27, whatever you wanna call it) and it still blows my mind that I spent my entire 25th year in Asia, living in Korea. It was one of those decisions that looking back on it now as a bored 23 year old I can't believe I actually up and did, but after the process of it all, having a 25th birthday and now a 26th birthday with no huge desire to get home any time soon, I still believe it to be one of the best things I've ever done. If anything it has given me immense perspective on so many things such as myself, my friends, home, America, other cultures, other people, and the list goes on.

It was a lowkey birthday overall... a nice night out on Wednesday at the local Exit Bar (which to this day I don't think there's been one Post about Exit - so look for that sometime soon). Saturday was the day of observance since one can't party TOO hard on a Wednesday, and it was spent in Seoul having amazing burgers at Smokey's Tavern, playing games and drinking at Gecko's Terrace, walking around the Korean War Memorial, and spending an evening playing games at The King's Tap. No flash, just an overall good day. It's funny though - I have absolutely NO idea where I'll be spending the next birthday...

No comments: