Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sloppy St. Patrick's Day!

Told you I'd be back more often. ;) This weekend was the usual St. Patrick's drunken fiasco. In some ways it was better and some ways it was worse than last year. The venue had been moved from the spacious Cheoggye Stream area to the more compact Hyewha Station / Park area. It was a bit colder than last year, but the entertainment was much better this year.

There was a Korean U2 Cover band that was actually QUITE good. There were also more areas to find beer and the like, so it kept things nice and consistent. It was nice that I got to see more of my Korean friends and their families as well.

My group happened to have missed the parade but I guess it wasn't much of a parade. Just some people walking in a small line around the park. Due to the economy and all, a lot of the sponsorship was missing and the city was forced to scale back the celebration. In my opinion it was still an excellent day and hey... there was even an actual leprechaun runnin around:

No comments: